Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Last Few Days

After leaving Dad at the airport, I took the bus back to Buenos Aires and got back to the apartment. A few friends came over and we ordered in take out Chinese and brought in some beer. We spent the night hanging out and enjoying the relaxed college environment of hanging out in an apartment. A little later, Jane, Nell and her new roommate Erica came over to hang out as well.

Thursday I slept in later, checked out of the apartment, and then had lunch with Santiago. I spent the afternoon on the computer just catching up and surfing the web. I also started look at classes for next spring semester, but the GW website was giving me problems. After dinner with Patricia I went to bed early.

Friday I had class in the morning, then continued working on classes for next semester. Then I talked to some friends at home before I went to lunch with Nell. After lunch I talked to Blaire and a few other friends then sat in the sun for a little and read. I came back took a nap, and had dinner with Patricia. After dinner I met up with Jane, Nell, and Elise to go to a house party of an Argentine that Jane and Nell had met in Rio. It ended up being a fun just relaxed chill environment, and we were there until 2, when we left to go to Macarena’s party (Nell’s host sister). That party was soo much fun again, and we rocked out to some great music and a good party. I got home around 5am, and passed out quickly.

Saturday I slept in late and read in bed for a while. I got up, went to lunch, checked some email, and then made my way to the park to sit outside in the beautiful weather and read. Later in the afternoon I did some research for travel plans….and then got myself ready for going out. Elise, Alex, Sarah, Lauren, and I met up for Mexican food at a restaurant in Palermo. It was a great time. After dinner we hung out in their residencia for a little before going out to Plaza Serranno. After hanging at a bar, we made our way to La Francia, a club we knew of downtown. It ended up being another really fun party, with great music and really cheap drinks. I got back around 4.45am, and fell asleep rather fast.

Sunday I slept in, read in bed, and then made my way to lunch at a cafĂ© with wireless access. I am eating here and doing some online work with Elise, before we go over to Alex’s apartment to watch a polo match on TV. Life is good.

No comments: