Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Monday and Tuesday - Todo Bien

Mondays are long days of class and it fries my brain a little. I have two hours of Spanish language followed right after by two hours of Argentine culture class (taught in Spanish). Then after an hour and a half break I have two hours of The Idea of Latin America. After school I went home and got a lot of things done. I have been thinking of a lot of little things that I need to get done and have been very efficient at checking things off the list. I took a much needed nap in the afternoon and got some homework done. Patricia had somewhere to be for dinner, but showed me what food I had a choice of for dinner and left. This worked out perfectly because I was hungry early, and was able to have a little bit of a few things and sit and finish homework at the dinner table. Every now and then it is nice to sit and eat alone in your kitchen. After dinner I read some news online and then left and met up with Kate for a drink at Milion. We have come to really like that place, since it is classy and fun. Alex joined us a little later and we all had a really nice conversation. I came home a little later, spoke with Lauren for a little while, and then went to bed. It was a long day, but wasn't too bad since I had taken that nap.

Tuesday- My Spanish class form 9-10 this morning was very painful. No one was in the mood to be talkative and interactive, so every time the professor asked a question there was an awkward silence until I would just say the answer so we could move on. Afterwards, I came back and had a mini-power nap to recharge before my really long class from 1-4pm. I got there, sat down, and after a few minutes a man walked in, who was not our professor, and started talking to us. Last week the class was cancelled since the professor was sick, and now this week we had a sub. This was very strange, but I guess these things happen in life. This guy talked to us about general concepts of tango being an art form as well as a thriving business. Then after 45 minutes, he let us all go. I was expecting to be in class all afternoon so this was a pleasant surprise. Elise and I walked for a little and ended up at the supermarket. We explored each isle and found some interesting things. I found everything I was looking for expect Humus. I tried to ask where it was but I have a feeling the word Humus is translated differently in Spanish. The woman didn't know what I was talking about, and then when I tried to explain it, somehow "cut up chick peas" didn't get across to her. I found everything else i wanted, including Ziplock bags, which I had been in desperate need of. I left, got home, and unpack everything. I organized all my food, made my sandwich for tomorrow, and cut up some peppers for a to-go snack tomorrow. I got some food that would be good for a 5pm snack, since I am always hungry then and needed to find a healthy snack that wouldn't fill me up too much.

I finished putting everything away, finished my homework, and came online to update my blog. I will probably take the rest of the night easy and do some more homework, reading, and maybe some web surfing. Tomorrow should be exiting since I start my ceramics class at the local university.

No comments: