Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thursday and Friday

The last two days have been very relaxing and calming. Since I don't have class Thursday and only one on Friday, I spent the majority of the time going through my to-do list and crossing stuff off. I got a lot of errands done that I needed to do. Nothing too exciting to report on, but Ill share some thoughts none the less.

Thursday- Bought a new pair of running shoes. I had needed a new pair for a while, and thought it was the right time to get them. I took them out for a nice run in the afternoon, and found a good path in a park not to far away that was perfect for a jog. I think I am going to try and make that a habit, and we will see how long that lasts.

Friday- Class in the morning was amazing, my professor for conversation class is awesome. He is really funny personable and easy to understand. They break my language class in half, so there are only 4 of us in this conversation class. We talked about a lot of stuff and it was almost a two hour conversation with a little teaching sprinkled on top.

Afterwards I wandered home looking for a new pair of jeans. My current jeans started ripping in the crotch, which for some reason happens to every single pair of my jeans. I found a new pair and bought them. They are a little different for me, since there is no zipper, only buttons...but I will live. I took my ripped jeans into a seamstress, and will have them back better than before by Wednesday.

I met up with Alex for lunch at Romario's, a chain of pizza places in the city. The food was actually really good, and I saw one only a block away from my house when I walked home. When I got home later that afternoon I was suddenly in the zone with resume work. For some reason I decided that it was a good idea to fix up the resume, add in my recent additions, and then send it to the GW Career Center for 48 hour critique service. After that spontaneous urge, I took a well needed nap.

I met up with Nell for a drink before dinner since I had to catch up with her, since I have not seen her since last week. Came home for dinner, had a GREAT conversation with Patricia over dinner and then got dressed and was ready to go out. Nell's host sister Macarena (yes, like the dance) had a friend throwing a party, so a few of us decided it would be fun to go. Little did we know what we were getting into. That party didn't start till 1.30am, so before that Nell, Elise and I went to a bar in Recoleta and sat down at a table to have a drink and chill before the party. This bar was great, but great salsa music and a great atmosphere. Around 2am, we left and headed to the next parry. It ended up since we knew Macarena, we got bracelets before the party, got in for free and were treated like VIPs. The party was in a giant building in Recoleta and they had rented out the top floor. Huge disco balls were hanging from the ceiling, lasers were shinning everywhere, and the music was amazing. It was a mix of 80s music with a dancing beat and current Reagatonn. SO MUCH FUN. We didn't leave there till 4.30am since we were starting to get a little tired.

Since the party was close to my house, I walked home and was amazed how many other people were on the street that time at night. What a fun night.

No comments: