Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thursday and Friday - And the best steak ever

Sorry for the delay but I was away this past weekend. Here is a short recap of the end of last week:

Thursday: Woke up late and went to the kitchen to make some eggs. Was surprised by a bowl of medialunas (some stuffed with dulce de leche) on the counter with a note that read. "Happy Birthday!" It was a great start to my day. After relaxing most of the day and wandering around the city briefly during the afternoon, I was able to revamp my engine and enjoy a day of peace.

A group of us went out to the best steak house in BA, Cabanas De La Lilas. It was amazing. I had a huge 650 gram (who knows how big that is?) steak that was cooked perfectly medium rare and was fantastic. Dinner was great, the service was great, and the experience was fantastic. The check was expensive, but for the quality that we got, it was a bargain in American standards. After dinner we met up with another group of people we met from the states and had a great night barhoping and partying it up for my birthday.

Friday: After sleeping in and feeling a little worn from the night before, I went out for lunch and sat at a cafe and enjoyed some food with my book. It was a really nice way to end a good week that went by really fast. I was preparing most of the day for my upcoming trip to Iguazu Falls this weekend. After packing and getting everything ready, I left my house around 5.45pm and took a bus to the bus station.

The bus station is a giant place in Buenos Aires, mostly because busses are the best way to travel within the country. Although some of the girls I were traveling were a little late to meet up, we got onto the bus on time and it actually left the station 1 minute early. The seats were big and spacious and leaned back nearly the whole way. We were served drinks and dinner although we had brought our own food and relaxed before falling asleep and waking up in the countryside only 2 hours from our destination Saturday morning.

No comments: