Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Saturday and Sunday - Are you ready for some football?

I woke on the earlier side hoping to have another relaxing day. I watched some TV, got a lot of homework done, but my internet was not working for some reason. It was very frustrating since I have been used to internet access in my room. We made dinner reservations for a Thai restaurant at night, and it ended up being a group of 9 girls and me. We walked in, and the host/owner was an ex-pat, and was delighted to talk to us in English and ask where we were from. I had been craving some thai food, and although the food was good, it wasn’t very authentic thai. Still, my craving for Pad Thai and Chicken Sate was fulfilled so I was happy. From there, we all made our way over to the convention center for a wine tasting. For 25 pesos to get in, you got a glass and traveled around the giant hall to different wine stations representing around 100 different wine brands and bodegas. It was my first time really trying to distinguish wine from another, and I don’t think I really knew what I was looking for. After two hours, we were feeling great and had a new-found appreciation for wine tasters. We left around midnight and a bunch of us walked to a hot-dog vendor from some great superpanchos (the argentine word for hotdog). I ended up going home a little later, and was home relatively early, 3am.

I woke up around noon and by 1.30pm was off to The Alamo to watch some FOOTBALL. I knew that this bar would have all of the NFL games, so I put on my Jets jersey and was ready to get rowdy. I ended up meeting a friend at the bar, but there were a ton of Americans all looking to watch the games. In very similar fashion to my high school tradition with Adam Miller and Jason Andrea at Bazookas in Bridgewater, I stayed from the first game till the last game, over six hours. There is nothing as satisfying as football, chicken wings, and burgers…..no madder how far away from home you are. After the games I went home briefly, and then left to go met Elise, Alex, and her friend Emily for dinner. I took the subway to save some money, and ended up walking a lot more than I thought it would take to get to the restaurant. Dinner was good, and by the time I got home, it was already eleven, and I was exhausted.

No comments: