Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thursday - Let the relaxation begin

After sleeping late, I continued to read my new book in bed until lunch time. I met up with Elise for lunch at a local Chinese restaurant that I had wanted to try for some time. At that point, i was 380 pages into my book, and 20 away from the end. By the end of the day....in 24 hours, I had finished the 400 page book. I love that feeling.

Lunch was great. I had been craving some Asian food, and this fit the bill. We started with some small pork dumplings, moved the chicken low-mien and pork fried rice, and then ended with some tea. What more can you ask for?

I walked with Elise to IES to sit and play on the computers for a while. After talking to some friends and just going through emails, I noticed that it was already 7.30pm. I walked home and took a long relaxing shower.

This was the beginning of my spring break. My exams were over, and I had freedom to relax and reflect.

After dinner I went out to JOBS, a bar not to far away from where I live. Its a giant hall with picnic style tables all over, and a few dartboards and pooltables. Its a cool place to go and hang out with friends. They also have a game room, and I saw a number of tables picking up games to play while they drank and hung out. A few tables were even playing the classics: Jenga and Sorry!

When the group decided to move to the next venue, I went home, since I knew I had to wake up early and make it to class the next morning.

I walked home and fell right asleep.

No comments: